october 4th
New York City 2016


physical computing
#10 piano wannabe


This week I got too excited.

After doing the labs the idea of doing a piano was stuck in my head, the part regarding the board was not as challenging as the coding. I had a couple issues when trying to make the LEDs and input wires work properly. But the bulk of the issue was with the coding.

Finally the end result was a ‘if-ception’ where I added 2 if statements that established the state of the keys, and then the note.

At the same time, to be able to change slightly the tone of each note I added a variable to each tone so the potentiometer can change by 50 points the frequency.

Once the “keyboard” was fully functional I tried placing it inside a one-use coffee cup. To make this short I’ll just say that I leant two lessons from this; the basics of soldering, and that planning rules in this kind of situations.

image alt text

image alt text

image alt text

gP




Please, tell me how good or bad this post was. And comment on anything that comes up in that beautiful brain of yours.

0 Comments