This midterm was pretty straightforward, the initial idea we had was to create a coffin from where a ‘skeleton’ would come up when movement was sensed. At the beginning we had the idea to create a spring system that would make the creature pop out. the problem with said system was making the creature come back into the coffin, we talked about using a servo that would lock it on place and a different servo would be used to unlock the spring and bring it up, the idea of having a dc motor that would have a rope attached to the creature was also contemplated but after testing we realized that the best way was just using one servo for everything due to the creature being light enough to be just managed with said motor.
the next thing was having a trigger that would activate the servo, to do so we created a separate circuit that consisted of a 3D battery and a LED that projected light to a photo resistor that at the beginning of the program detects the max an min light and sets those as triggers for the two different positions of the servo motor.
in regards to the encasing for the circuits we took advantage of the situation to try out laser cutting and 3D printing, none of us was experienced on them and we wanted to try out those. Ping did a great job of redoing the coffin with 3D and creating the pumpkin encasing for the LED and the servo.
This hole project was well rounded, by this I mean that it was quite simple, but the code worked really well and the whole physical part was all we hoped for. The only regret is not having more time to create an application for it on p5 or other features like sound or light.
this was a learning experience that I really enjoyed and I was lucky enough to be partnered with someone that strengthened my weaknesses and vice versa.
Please, tell me how good or bad this post was. And comment on anything that comes up in that beautiful brain of yours.• 0 Comments